Free access to datasets and data analyzing tools at cloud scale has a significant impact on the research process, especially in the global response for combating COVID-19.
As a Google Cloud Platform Partner, we want to share information with researchers, data scientists, and analysts about available hosted repositories of public datasets for tracking the COVID-19 outbreak.
Free datasets provide access to essential information eliminating the need to search for onboard large data files. You can access the datasets, along with a description of the data and sample queries to advance research from within the Google Cloud Console. All the data GCP includes in the program is public and freely available, while the program will remain in effect until September 15, 2020.
You can also use these datasets and BigQuery ML for training your machine learning model inside BigQuery at no additional cost.
Currently, Google Cloud Platform datasets include the following databases:
- Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering (JHU CSSE), the data with the location and number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, deaths, and recoveries for all affected countries, aggregated at the appropriate province/state
- American Community Survey with demographic data from the US Census Bureau
- OpenStreetMap Public Dataset, a world map including healthcare provider locations
- Hospital General Information from the US Dept of Health and Human Services with the list of hospitals registered with Medicare
- Global Health Dataset from The World Bank with global health and population trends
- International Census Data with country population broken down by age and gender
- US Decennial Census Data with information about US population raw data by zip code from the 2000 and 2010 decennial censuses
- 7 Social Determinants of Health includes a wide-ranging collection of datasets on social determinants that impact health outcomes in the US
- Italian COVID-19 cases by region with COVID-19 confirmed cases, deaths, and tests performed over time aggregated at regional, provincial, and national levels
- New York Times COVID-19 database, based on US health agency reports
- ECDC COVID-19 Cases by Country, as reported by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- USAFacts COVID-19 Cases by US County with COVID-19 cases by county aggregated by USAFacts from US health agencies
- and OpenStreetMap data
With all these databases and BigQuery ML, you can develop a data-driven model for the spread of this infectious disease, better understand, study, and analyze the impact of COVID-19. Together with the Google Cloud team, we believe that the COVID-19 Public Dataset Program will enable better and faster research to combat the spread of this disease.
For more information, visit About COVID-19 Public Datasets and COVID-19 Public Datasets BigQuery Public Datasets Program pages on the official Google Cloud Platform website.